from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person confined indoors by illness or disability.
- adj. Confined to a home or hospital, as by illness.
- adj. Disposed to avoid social contact; excessively withdrawn or introverted.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Confined to a location, as by infirmity or illness.
- adj. Introverted.
- n. A person confined to a location, as by illness or infirmity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An invalid, cripple, or convalescent who is confined to the house for a long time.
- n. In physical geography, a narrow part of a valley which is elsewhere broadly open.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. confined usually by illness
- adj. somewhat introverted
- n. someone who is incapacitated by a chronic illness or injury
Sorry, no etymologies found.