from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Coming from, characteristic of, or relating to a sibyl.
- adj. Prophetic; oracular.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to a sibyl or female oracle, especially the Cumaean Sibyl and the Sibylline Books.
- adj. Having oracle-like predicting powers, clairvoyant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to the sibyls; uttered, written, or composed by sibyls; like the productions of sibyls.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to the sibyls or their productions; uttered, written, or composed by sibyls; like the productions of sibyls: as. sibylline leaves; sibylline oracles; sibylline verses.
- Prophetical; especially, obscurely or enigmatically oracular; occult; cabalistic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a secret or hidden meaning
- adj. resembling or characteristic of a prophet or prophecy
Sorry, no etymologies found.