from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Used as a courtesy title for a married woman in an Italian-speaking area, equivalent to Mrs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Mrs; madam; title of address or respect for women in Italy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Madam; Mrs; -- a title of address or respect among the Italians.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An Italian title of address or respect for a woman, equivalent to Madam, Mrs.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an Italian title of address equivalent to Mrs. when used before a name
- n. an Italian title or form of address for a married woman
Italian, feminine of signore, signore; see signore.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)