from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The trees or forests of a region.
- n. A written work on the trees or forests of a region.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The forest trees of a particular area
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The forest trees of a region or country, considered collectively.
- n. A description or history of the forest trees of a country.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See sylva, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the forest trees growing in a country or region
Latin, forest.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin silva (Wiktionary)