from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Fog that has become mixed and polluted with smoke.
- n. A form of air pollution produced by the photochemical reaction of sunlight with hydrocarbons and nitrogen oxides that have been released into the atmosphere, especially by automotive emissions.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A noxious mixture of particulates and gases that is the result of urban air pollution
- v. To get a smog check; to check a vehicle or have it checked for emissions.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. air pollution by a mixture of smoke and fog
sm(oke) + (f)og1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Blend of smoke and fog (Wiktionary)