from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. Variant of smolder.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Alternative form of smolder.
- n. smoke; smother
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. See smolder.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- See smolder, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. burn slowly and without a flame
- v. have strong suppressed feelings
- n. a fire that burns with thick smoke but no flame
Sorry, no etymologies found.