from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A plural of solum.
- adv. By oneself; alone. Used as a stage direction to a female character.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of shola.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. See solus.
- n. A leguminous plant (Æschynomene aspera) growing in moist places in Southern India and the East Indies. Its pithlike stem is used for making hats, swimming-jackets, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A cry or call to attract the attention of one at a distance.
- n. A tall leguminous swamp-plant, Æschynomene aspera, found widely in the Old World tropics.
- n. Same as sola topi.
- Feminine of solo or solus. See solus.
Italian, feminine of solo, solo; see solo.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)