from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who works in space.
- n. An object inserted to hold a space open in a row of items, e.g. beads or printed type.
- n. A bushing.
- n. A forgetful person.
- n. A type of add-on device used by an asthmatic person to increase the effectiveness of a metered-dose inhaler.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A device used in cable telegraphy for reversing the current at proper intervals, thus increasing the speed of transmission: also used for a somewhat similar purpose on land-lines.
- n. In a typewriter, a key, and the mechanism connected with it, by which spaces are made between words.
- n. In a type-setting machine, a device for spacing words.
- n. Anything by which a space or interval is made.
to space + -er (Wiktionary)