from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of stick.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- a. & n. from stick, v.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of stabbing or piercing.
- n. Stitching; needlework.
- n. The, act of coming to a stop. Compare sticking-place.
- n. Specifically plural The last of a cow's milk; strippings.
- n. In billiards, the act or operation of landing the cue-ball close to a cushion for safety.
- n. In cricket, batting entirely on the defensive; batting not to make runs, but to keep in.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. extending out above or beyond a surface or boundary
Sorry, no etymologies found.