from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A place where stocks, bonds, or other securities are bought and sold.
- n. An association of stockbrokers who meet to buy and sell stocks and bonds according to fixed regulations.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A building and the associated organization that trades stocks in of companies for money and vice versa.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An association or body of stockbrokers who meet and transact business by certain recognized forms, regulations, and usages.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A building, place, or mart where stocks or shares are bought and sold.
- n. An association of brokers and dealers or jobbers in stocks, bonds, and other securities, created under state or municipal authority, or by corporations concerned in the business connected with the carrying on of railways, mines, manufactures, banks, or other commercial or industrial pursuits.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an exchange where security trading is conducted by professional stockbrokers
Sorry, no etymologies found.