from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A defined part of a section.
- n. A subpart of a legal document such as law.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A part or division of a section: as, a subsection of a learned society; also, the act of subdividing a section.
- n. In botany and zoology, a division of a genus of less extent than a section, yet above and including one or more species.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a section of a section; a part of a part; i.e., a part of something already divided
sub- + section (Wiktionary)