from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A lamp that radiates ultraviolet rays used in therapeutic and cosmetic treatments.
- n. A high-intensity lamp with parabolic mirrors, used in photography.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A lamp that produces ultraviolet radiation; used for therapeutic or cosmetic purposes.
- n. A high-intensity lamp, used to produce an illusion of daylight.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a mercury-vapor lamp used in medical or cosmetic treatments
Sorry, no etymologies found.