from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or being in the area of the eyebrow: the superciliary arch of the frontal bone.
- adj. Located over the eyebrow or the eye: a superciliary patch of color.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to the supercilium or eyebrow.
- n. A distinct streak of colour above the eyes, as in some birds.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the eyebrows; supraorbital.
- adj. Having a distinct streak of color above the eyes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Situated over the eyelid—that is, over or above the eye, as the eyebrow; superorbital: as, the superciliary ridges.
- Of or pertaining to the supercilia or eyebrows; contained in or connected with the superciliary region; superorbital. See cut under Coluber.
- Marked by the supercilia; having a conspicuous streak over the eye: as, a superciliary bird. Also supraciliary.
- The superorbital prominence of various animals, formed by the projection of the upper edge of the orbit itself, or of a separate superorbital ossicle.
New Latin superciliāris, from Latin supercilium, eyebrow; see supercilious.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)