from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A layer or stratum adjacent and parallel to another.
- n. The sudden increase in the electrical conductivity of some metals as their temperature falls to near absolute zero.
- n. The covering on the sunny side of a photovoltaic (PV) module, providing protection for the PV materials from impact and environmental degradation while allowing maximum transmission of the appropiate wavelengths of the solar spectrum.
- n. Alternative form of superstratum.
- v. To arrange in parallel layers or strata.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the language of a later invading people that is imposed on an indigenous population and contributes features to their language
- n. any stratum or layer superimposed on another
Sorry, no etymologies found.