from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Biology The condition of having two or more fused digits, as occurs normally in certain mammals and birds.
- n. Biology A congenital anomaly in humans characterized by two or more fused fingers or toes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The normal condition, in some animals and birds, of having fused digits.
- n. The anomalous condition, in humans, of having some fingers or toes fused with a web.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Syndactylism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. birth defect in which there is partial or total webbing connecting two or more fingers or toes
From syn- + Ancient Greek δάκτυλος (dáktulos, "finger") + -y. (Wiktionary)