from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. someone who tests the accuracy of weapons, especially by firing them at calibrated targets
- n. one armed with a target or shield
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who is armed with a target or shield.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A soldier carrying a target or buckler.
- n. In the early part of the seventeenth century, a soldier furnished with a target to replace in part the armor which was being abandoned.
Sorry, no etymologies found.