from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Technical jargon: "The playwright can send up the garbled technobabble of modern bureaucracy as expertly as anyone” ( Peter Marks).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Technical or scientific language used in fiction to convey a false impression of meaningful technical or scientific content.
- n. From the point of view of the layperson, technical and scientific literature not understood.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. technical jargon incomprehensible to non-specialists; -- sometimes used derogatorily of discussions using unnecessarily technical terminology and intended to impress or confuse, rather than inform, the listener.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. technical jargon from computing and other high-tech subjects
techno- + babble (Wiktionary)