from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The degree in which any one verb can take/govern objects.
- n. The property of being transitive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character of being transitive, as a group.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (logic and mathematics) a relation between three elements such that if it holds between the first and second and it also holds between the second and third it must necessarily hold between the first and third
- n. the grammatical relation created by a transitive verb
Sorry, no etymologies found.