from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An umbelliferous plant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any plant of the family Apiaceae, also called Umbelliferae, whose inflorescence is an umbel, such as a carrot or celery.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A plant producing an umbel or umbels.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In botany, a plant of the order Umbelliferæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of numerous aromatic herbs of the family Umbelliferae
Sorry, no etymologies found.