from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not appropriate, attractive, or flattering: an unbecoming dress.
- adj. Not in accord with the standards implied by one's character or position: conduct unbecoming an officer. See Synonyms at improper.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not flattering, attractive or appropriate.
- adj. Not in keeping with the expected standards of one's position.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not becoming; unsuitable; unfit; indecorous; improper.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not becoming; improper; indecent; indecorous.
- Not befitting or suiting; not suitable or proper (for or in).
- Not esthetically suited to the wearer, as an article of dress; not enhancing the beauty of its subject, as an attitude or a gesture.
- n. A transition from existence into non-existence; dissolution.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not in keeping with accepted standards of what is right or proper in polite society
un- + becoming (Wiktionary)