from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To remove a cloak or cover from.
- transitive v. To expose; reveal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To remove a cloak.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To remove a cloak or cover from; to deprive of a cloak or cover; to unmask; to reveal.
- intransitive v. To remove, or take off, one's cloak.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To deprive of the cloak; remove the cloak from; hence, to reveal; bring to light.
- To take off the cloak, or the outer garments generally.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. reveal the true nature of
- v. remove a cloak from
Sorry, no etymologies found.