from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or consisting of a single legislative chamber.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or having a single legislative chamber.
- adj. That it makes no distinction between upper and lower case, but rather has only one case.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having, or consisting of, a single chamber; -- said of a legislative assembly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Consisting of a single chamber: said of a legislative body.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. composed of one legislative body
uni- + Latin camera, chamber; see camera + -al1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)