from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To deprive of a stock; to remove the stock from; to release from that which fixes in place.
- v. To remove (a ship etc.) from the stocks.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To deprive of a stock; to remove the stock from; to loose from that which fixes, or holds fast.
- transitive v. To remove from the stocks, as a ship.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To deprive of stock.
- To remove from the stock, as the barrel of a gun.
- To remove from the stocks, as a ship; launch.
un- + stock (Wiktionary)