from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small vein, especially one joining capillaries to larger veins.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small vein, especially one that connects capillaries to a larger vein.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small vein; a veinlet; specifically (Zoöl.), one of the small branches of the veins of the wings in insects.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small vein; a veinlet; in entomology, same as nervule.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a minute vein continuous with a capillary
Latin vēnula, diminutive of vēna, vein.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)