from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The point at which the ecliptic intersects the celestial equator, the sun having a northerly motion.
- n. The moment at which the sun passes through the vernal equinox, about March 21, marking the beginning of spring in the Northern Hemisphere.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the moment when the sun appears to cross the celestial equator, heading northward
- n. the point where the ecliptic intersects the celestial equator at that time
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. the point of time in each year when the sun crosses the equator when proceeding northward, about March 21, when day and night are of approximately equal duration. The beginning of the Spring season.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (astronomy) the equinoctial point that lies in the constellation of Pisces
- n. March 21
Sorry, no etymologies found.