from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Medicine A wart.
- n. Biology A wartlike projection, as on the back of a toad or on some leaves.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A wart, especially one that grows on the foot, caused by a virus.
- n. A rounded projection or wart.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A wart.
- n. A wartlike elevation or roughness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In pathology, a wart.
- n. In botany, a wart or sessile gland produced upon various parts of plants, especially upon a thallus.
- n. In zoology, a small, flattish, wart-like prominence; a verruciform tubercle.
- n. [capitalized] A genus of cirripeds, typical of the family Verrucidæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (pathology) a firm abnormal elevated blemish on the skin; caused by a virus
Latin verrūca.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin verrūca. (Wiktionary)