from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a waist or a part like a waist.
- adj. Having a waist of a specified kind: high-waisted; slim-waisted.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having some specific type of waist.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Specifically, in fine English glass-ware, noting a bell-shaped cup in which the bell is slightly constricted, with a bulbous termination at the point of attachment to the stem.
- Having a waist (of some specified shape or type).
Sorry, no etymologies found.