from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See trillium.
- n. Any of various North American aroid plants that bloom early in the spring.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any plant of the genus Arum, especially, in England, the cuckoopint (Arum maculatum).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In Great Britain, the cuckoo-pint, Arum maculatum. The name is extended also to the whole genus.
- n. In the United States, a plant of the genus Trillium; birth-root, or three-leaved nightshade.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. common American spring-flowering woodland herb having sheathing leaves and an upright club-shaped spadix with overarching green and purple spathe producing scarlet berries
- n. any liliaceous plant of the genus Trillium having a whorl of three leaves at the top of the stem with a single three-petaled flower
Sorry, no etymologies found.