from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A brief rehearsal, as of a play or role, performed usually in an early stage of production.
- n. A television rehearsal during which no cameras are used.
- n. A thorough demonstration or explanation that details each step of a process.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a pedestrian passageway through the ground floor of a building
- n. a first perfunctory rehearsal of a theatrical production in which actors read their lines from the script and move as directed
- n. the act of walking in order to view something
- n. a thorough explanation (usually accompanied by a demonstration) of each step in a procedure or process
Sorry, no etymologies found.