from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of wash.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Appearing as if overlaid with a thin layer of different color; -- said of the colors of certain birds and insects.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- That has been subjected to washing, in any sense.
- Of the nature of a “wash”: applied on the exchanges to a mere transfer by a broker of the stock or commodity which one principal had instructed him to sell to another customer who had given instructions to purchase a similar quantity of the same stock or commodity.
- In zoology, overlaid, as a surface or a groundcolor, with a wash or light tint or color: as, a fox's black pelt washed with silver. See wash, n., 10 .
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. clean by virtue of having been washed in water
- adj. wet as from washing; sometimes used in combination
Sorry, no etymologies found.