from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A dessert made of finely crushed ice that has been sweetened and flavored.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Ordinary frozen water, especially when a distinction needs to be made from other frozen substances
- n. A dessert made from crushed ice that has been sweetened and flavoured
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a confection consisting of water sweetened, flavored (usually with a fruit syrup), and frozen.
- Water flavored, sweetened, and frozen, to be eaten as a confection.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Ice formed by freezing part of a body of water: contrasted with snow-ice, glacier-ice, névé, firn.
- n. A preparation of water and sugar, flavored and frozen; a sherbet.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. water frozen in the solid state
- n. an ice containing no milk but having a mushy consistency; usually made from fruit juice
Sorry, no etymologies found.