from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The waxy fruit of the wax myrtle or the snowberry.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The bayberry.
- n. The snowberry.
- n. The yangmei.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The wax-covered fruit of the wax myrtle, or bayberry. See bayberry, and candleberry tree.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The bayberry, Myrica cerifera.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. deciduous aromatic shrub of eastern North America with grey-green wax-coated berries
- n. deciduous shrub of western North America having spikes of pink flowers followed by round white berries
wax + berry (Wiktionary)