from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Traveling, especially on foot.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Travelling, especially on foot.
- adj. Peripatetic.
- n. Travel, especially on foot.
- v. Present participle of wayfare.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Traveling; passing; being on a journey.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Journeying; traveling, especially on foot.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. traveling especially on foot
- n. traveling (especially on foot)
From Middle English waifaringe, journeying, from Old English wegfarende : weg, way; see way + farende, present participle of faran, to go on a journey; see per-2 in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)