from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A newly weaned child or young animal.
- adj. Newly weaned.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any young mammal that has been recently weaned.
- n. Specifically, a human child that has been recently weaned.
- n. Specifically, a young horse that has been weaned from its mother, but is less than one year old (usually 5-12 months old).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- a. & n. from wean, v.
- n. A child or animal newly weaned; a wean.
- adj. Recently weaned.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A child or young animal newly weaned.
- Recently weaned.
Sorry, no etymologies found.