from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- pro. Whatever person or persons: Whoever comes will be welcomed.
- pro. Who: Whoever could have dreamed of such a thing? See Usage Notes at whatever, who.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- pro. Whatever person or persons.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- pro. Whatever person; any person who; be or she who; any one who.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Any person whatever; no matter who; any one without exception.
Sorry, no etymologies found.