from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or forming whorls or a whorl: whorled flower parts; a whorled textile pattern.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. formed from whorls; having whorls
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Furnished with whorls; arranged in the form of a whorl or whorls; verticillate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Furnished with whorls; verticillate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. in the shape of a coil
- adj. forming one or more whorls (especially a whorl of leaves around a stem)
Sorry, no etymologies found.