from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act, activity, or job of cutting wood.
- n. The art or process of making woodcuts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The felling of trees, or the cutting of wood
- n. The process of making woodcuts
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or employment of cutting wood or timber.
- n. The act or art of engraving on wood.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or employment of cutting wood by means of saws or by the application of knife-edge machinery.
- n. Wood-engraving.
Sorry, no etymologies found.