from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The overall perspective from which one sees and interprets the world.
- n. A collection of beliefs about life and the universe held by an individual or a group.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One's personal view of the world and how one interprets it.
- n. The totality of one's beliefs about reality.
- n. A general philosophy or view of life.
Translation of German Weltanschauung.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
A calque of German Weltanschauung, a compound of Welt ("world") + Anschauung ("view/outlook"). (Wiktionary)