from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Attribution of animal characteristics or qualities to a god.
- n. Use of animal forms in symbolism, literature, or graphic representation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The representation of gods as animals or the attributing of animal characteristics to gods.
- n. The use of animal figures in art and design or of animal symbols in literature.
- n. The viewing of human behavior in terms of the behavior of animals.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the attribution of animal forms or qualities to a god
zoo- + -morphism (Wiktionary)