from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of eastern Wisconsin on the Fox River southwest of Green Bay. The first hydroelectric plant in the United States was built here in 1882. Population: 70,200.
- Appleton, Sir Edward Victor 1892-1965. British physicist. He won a 1947 Nobel Prize for his discovery of the F layer of the ionosphere.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Any of several placenames in England, named for an apple enclosure
- proper n. An An English habitational surname from either of the places.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a town in eastern Wisconsin
- n. English physicist remembered for his studies of the ionosphere (1892-1966)
Registration forms may be picked up at the Appleton Parks and Recreation Department or at www. appleton.org/departments/recreation/announcements or the Appleton
APPLETON (April 17): A mother fox and her litter of kits have been entertaining a family in Appleton, making frequent appearances outside the den in recent weeks.
APPLETON - An Appleton chiropractor has been charged in Outagamie County with sexually assaulting a female patient.
APPLETON (WKOW) -- A teenager from Appleton will have to get legal permission to date girls for the next three years.
APPLETON - Appleton police are watching a house in the city's near north side after reports of an armed robbery and a missing victim.
APPLETON (Nov 4): Richard Lloyd Linscott was born Oct. 28, 2008, at Miles Memorial Hospital in Damariscotta to Lloyd and Beth Linscott of Appleton.
Each rum is a blend except the limited 30 year, and by law, the youngest rum in the bottle is what is on the label Appleton is a regular call in my bar as a frequent quencher in my home.
It was founded in Appleton (,) Wisconsin by Joseph Welch.
Much of the collection could be see at the Houdini Museum in Appleton, Wisconsin, until Radner auctioned it off in 2004.
More inexplicable happenings occur within Appleton than any other borough.