from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun A condensed form of printingtype, like Roman in outline, but with thickened lines.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.

  • noun A style of type having a narrow and heave face. It is made in all sizes.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • proper noun A surname.
  • proper noun An earldom in the British peerage
  • proper noun Edward Hyde, 1st Earl of Clarendon
  • proper noun A serif typeface


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word Clarendon.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.