from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A native or inhabitant of Cyprus. Also called Cyprian.
- n. The ancient or modern Greek dialect of Cyprus.
- adj. Of or relating to Cyprus or its people or culture.
- adj. Of or relating to Cypriot Greek.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person from Cyprus.
- adj. Of, from, or relating to Cyprus.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A native or inhabitant of Cyprus.
- adj. of or relating to Cyprus or its people or culture.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See Cypriote.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to Cyprus or its people or culture
- n. a native or inhabitant of Cyprus
NICOSIA Jan 14 Reuters - Leading reports in Greek Cypriot financial and general press.
- The victor in Turkish Cypriot elections said he believed negotiations with the Greek Cypriot side could begin in late May.
NICOSIA, April 20 (Reuters) - Leading reports in Greek Cypriot financial and general press.
NICOSIA, March 19 (Reuters) - Leading reports in Greek Cypriot financial and general press.
Despite all the balloons set free by Turkish Cypriot President Talat, and indeed to a certain extent by U.N. secretary-general's special advisor for Cyprus Alexander Downer, that there has been some very important convergences in the positions of the two sides in the talks on governance and power sharing, in reality as was demonstrated with the "uproar" in Greek Cypriot politics and media as regards the visit of the U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.
NICOSIA: Hardliners are tipped to make a comeback in Turkish Cypriot parliamentary elections on Sunday, complicating the UN-sponsored talks on the future of the divided island they share with Greek Cypriots.
Despite a mutual decision not to disclose the content of the negotiations, reports in Greek Cypriot papers over the weekend published a detailed list of disagreements between the two sides concerning power sharing in a new Cypriot state.
"Our actions are rightful reactions, and if their action goes deeper, Turkey's reaction will also go deeper," Mr. Bagis told a press conference in Istanbul, referring to the Cypriot off-shore exploration efforts.
Erdogan called Cypriot drilling a "provocation" that could sabotage UN talks on Cyprus.
NICOSIA Nov 16 Reuters - Leading reports in Greek Cypriot financial and general press.