from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One of a Hellenic people that invaded Greece around 1100 B.C. and remained culturally and linguistically distinct within the Greek world.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or relating to the Dorians
- n. a member of the Dorians
- proper n. A male given name, apparently first used by Oscar Wilde in his novel The Picture of Dorian Gray (1891).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the ancient Greeks of Doris; Doric.
- adj. Same as Doric, 3.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Doris in Greece.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Doris, a small district of ancient Greece, lying south of Thessaly and northwest of Phocis; relating to or originating with the inhabitants of Doris.
- Of or pertaining to the Doric race; Doric.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Doris in Greece.
- n. A member of the Doric or Dorian race, one of the four great divisions of the ancient Hellenes or Greeks (the others being the Æolians, the Ionians, and the Acheans).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the ancient Greek inhabitants of Doris who entered Greece from the north about 1100 BC
- adj. of or relating to the ancient Greek inhabitants of Doris, to their Doric dialect of Greek, or to their culture
- n. a member of one of four linguistic divisions of the prehistoric Greeks
He seemed so mysterious in Dorian and Ashaya's story, I have been intrigued ever since!
Irons, the 24-year-old son of actors Jeremy Irons and Sinéad Cusack, has appeared in Dorian Gray and Being Julia.
Dorian is hardly a family values candidate and has chosen as her main issue gay marriage --- hardly an issue in a mayoral race.
Do we get any hints about her mate in Dorian's book (please, please:)
I still hope to find out what motivated a Psy female to have sex with a drunk Changeling male (in Dorian's past)?
I know Dorian is a favorite with many of you, so today, I thought we'd talk about favorite heroes.
Cannot wait for this one -- although Dorian is a curent favorite.
This is another expression of Dorian contempt for Ionian prowess; see Appendix H, Dialects and Ethnic Groups, ©8.
A young man's quest for immortality takes a dark and dangerous turn in one of the most terrifying gothic horror stories, but if the name Dorian Gray doesn't ring a bell, there's one comic you must experience this December --
For a taste of that career, here's a video trailer for a porn film Stephen starred in don't worry, it's pretty G-rated, which takes the form of an interview between Stephen, aka Dorian, and Gia Darling before they have sex: