from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The watery eye; a disease in which the tears accumulate in the eye, and trickle over the cheek.
- n. The emphatic repetition of a word or phrase, at the end of several sentences or stanzas.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In pathology, watery eye, in which the tears, from increased secretion or some disease of the lacrymal passages, accumulate in front of the eye and trickle over the cheek.
- n. In rhetoric, same as epistrophe.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. repetition of the ends of two or more successive sentences, verses, etc.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Hey Epiphora on Tumblr found a pretty good example of the deep, deep incomprehension asexuals have to deal with. clientsfromhell: