from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The second month of the year in the Gregorian calendar. See Table at calendar.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The second month of the Gregorian calendar, following January and preceding March.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The second month in the year, said to have been introduced into the Roman calendar by Numa. In common years this month contains twenty-eight days; in the bissextile, or leap year, it has twenty-nine days.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The second month of the year, containing twenty-eight days in ordinary years and twenty-nine in leap-years. See bissextile.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the month following January and preceding March
Carnival, a days-long festival that Haiti celebrates each year in February, is known for fantastic costumes that celebrate death and dark rituals, among other things.
The lead inspector overseeing the matter told The Associated Press on Tuesday that the inquiry into the allegations, which were dismissed in February, is being revisited to look at manager misconduct.
This escapes me – Hannity and Inhofe think snow in February in Virginia is, somehow, ample reason to debunk global climate change, but the absence of snow in Vancouver in February is not?
Adding to the stress, 46% of business owners have met their capital needs by slicing their own pay, according to a survey of 1,000 small business owners out in February from the University of Maryland and Web services company Network Solutions.
The Yellow Sea coast of Korea in February is a place of sub-zero temperatures and gale-force winds and the little junk set out northward in 14-below-zero weather.
A three hundred dollar electric bill for a house that only has two reasonably warm rooms in February is a bit of a hardship for people who need housing assistance.
I don't know how anyone thinks that releasing a big blockbuster in February is a path to success, because almost every February release is always an instant failure.
Do you realize that Patzcuaro in February is the middle of winter and it's damn cold.
WikiLeaks, which hopes to launch in February, is designed to allow anyone to post documents on the Web site without the fear of being traced and thrown into jail.
The second Saturday in February is legion here in Michigan – at least for high school singers and their teachers.