from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Canadian An organized aboriginal group or community, especially any of the bands officially recognized by the Canadian government.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An Indian settlement or band.
- n. The indigenous peoples of Canada (not including Inuit or Metis).
- n. The indigenous peoples of any country or region.
- adj. Of or pertaining to a First Nation or the First Nations.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.