from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of a breed of beef cattle developed in England and having a reddish coat with white face, chest, belly, and lower legs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A city in Herefordshire, England
- proper n. A breed of cattle used for high-quality beef, see w:Hereford (cattle)
- n. A cow of the Hereford breed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of a breed of cattle originating in Herefordshire, England. The Herefords are good working animals, and their beef-producing quality is excellent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A breed of beef cattle, maintained chiefly in Herefordshire, England. The body color is a deep red, the face, mane, throat and chest white, and the horns are moderately long.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. hardy English breed of dairy cattle raised extensively in United States
HEREFORD (June 25, 2010) - A state district court jury in Hereford sentenced a 17-year-old girl to 45 years in prison Friday in the 2009 stabbing death of her grandmother.
Mr. CAINE: (as Milo Tindle) My mother was born in Hereford, a farmer's daughter, and my father is an Italian who came to this country in the '30s from Genoa.
In the past 450 years, we have increased understanding, and no longer will a man get thumped in Hereford on a Saturday night if he says he is Welsh.
Thank you to the people in Hereford who are part of the effort against the terrorists.
Soon, The Great Dane will be taking over the brewpub formerly known as Hereford and Hops.
Arrived at his place of destination, then called "Fernlega" or "Saltus Silicis," and which has since been termed Hereford, he there interred the body.
In the south room the cases are on the same general plan as in the west room; but the system of chaining appears to have been slightly different, and to have approximated more closely to what I may call the Hereford type.
Lucas, who is helping the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce review the hotel concept, said if the committee is opening up other locations for consideration, it should revisit the so-called Hereford site at 16th and Wyandotte streets.
Light proposal and the so-called Hereford site on the south side of Interstate 670 at 16th and Wyandotte streets near the new Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts. The city is insisting it control the site.
Kipperknowle Farm, Dinmore Manor, Hereford, which is home to the 50-cow Dinmore herd of pedigree Limousin cattle.