from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of india rubber.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See Caoutchouc.
- See caoutchouc.
- n. caoutchouc. See Caoutchouc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An elastic gummy substance, the inspissated juice of various tropical plants; caoutehoue; gum elastic.
- n. An overshoe made of india-rubber.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an elastic material obtained from the latex sap of trees (especially trees of the genera Hevea and Ficus) that can be vulcanized and finished into a variety of products
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Of course you haven't, -- children never do: there's the spotted carpet-bag and the little blue band-box with your best bonnet, -- that's two; then the India rubber satchel is three; and my tape and needle box is four; and my band-box, five; and my collar-box; and that little hair trunk, seven.
India rubber plant from South America, there is the Luini in the chapel of San