from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- In the Bible, the son of Isaac and grandson of Abraham. His 12 sons became the progenitors of the 12 tribes of Israel.
- Jacob, François Born 1920. French geneticist. He shared a 1965 Nobel Prize for the study of regulatory activity in body cells.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. One of the sons of Isaac and Rebecca, and twin brother of Esau; father of the Israelites.
- proper n. A male given name.
- proper n. A breed of multihorned sheep.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A Hebrew patriarch (son of Isaac, and ancestor of the Jews), who in a vision saw a ladder reaching up to heaven (Gen. xxviii. 12); -- also called Israel.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The starling, Sturnus vulgaris.
- n. A jacobus, a gold coin of James I. of England.
- n. . A housebreaker who carried a ladder.
- n. A ladder.
- n. A half-witted person. Vaux, Flash Dict.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Old Testament) son of Isaac; brother of Esau; father of the twelve patriarchs of Israel; Jacob wrestled with God and forced God to bless him, so God gave Jacob the new name of Israel (meaning `one who has been strong against God')
- n. French biochemist who (with Jacques Monod) studied regulatory processes in cells (born in 1920)
Jacob Morgan: @Jacob Morgan So really what we ACTUALLY want is there to be a Google-made tool that loads the Live-CD image onto a memstick without any hassle, extra utilities or technical know-how.
To ask Jacob to lend me money, to beg him to give me more time to pay a debt, to cajole and bully him by turns, to call him alternately usurer and _my honest fellow_, extortioner and _my friend Jacob_ -- my tongue could not have uttered the words, my soul detested the thought; yet all this, and more, could Mowbray do, and did.
Bella went after jacob, she had no idea that edward was coming back, Jacob is important the next movies.
First - Taylor Lautner is NOT jacob, and Jacob is NOT taylor lautner.
She talks about his perfect face and voice (because he has a perfect voice and face unlike jacob.) but what does she do? she has no life no hobby with him-she didnt have one to begin with? would you like her to get a new one just cause shes with jacob? vs with Jacob, she learned things (about mechanics? edward could teach her that) and she experimented (with LIFE THREATENING things!).
Im Team jacob, not because im whiney and hate love but because Jacob fights for te girl he loves. and he hilarious and a good mechanic.
Edward was totally okay with the fact that she asked jacob to kiss her and edward is willing to let her pick Jacob and he wants her to be happy and normal no matter how much pain it causes him also the only reasons that Edward left her in new moon is because he wanted her to be safe so you jacob teamers don't use that against him!
So all of you who vote team jacob please think it over, think of how Bella felt when Edward left or off all the times she felt furious with Jacob, but most importantly how much Bella truly, deeply loves Edward and how he feels the same.
TEAM JACOB!!! just finished the books and Jacob is awsome! he should have ended up with bella.
If I had been asked this question when i was reading new moon i would have said jacob. but in eclipse Jacob had changed into a spoilt brat.