from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a complex of spiritual and consciousness-raising movements originating in the 1980s and covering a range of themes from a belief in spiritualism and reincarnation to advocacy of holistic approaches to health and ecology.
- adj. Of, relating to, or resembling New Age music.
- n. A style of modern music characterized by a relaxing or dreamy texture derived from quiet harmonies and drones, often incorporating synthesizers and acoustic and ethnic instrumentation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to a broad movement in Western culture, covering a wide variety of alternative spiritual and philosophical ideas, that developed towards the end of the 20th century.
- adj. Of or relating to New Age music.
- n. A modern spiritual and religious movement.
- n. New Age music.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.